Just
a quick little wrap of the time between January thru June this year.
The
Lord is faithful to answer prayer with either a ‘Yes’ or ‘I have something else
in mind’. My continuing prayer was for
an open door to return to Israel to help any way possible. One such opportunity came through a volunteer
program to help on an Israeli army base doing simple tasks required behind the
scenes and would free soldiers to go take care of securing the country instead
of these odd jobs. I enrolled, was cleared
to go and left in mid-January.
The
program brought me into contact with a variety of people who came from other
parts of the globe to also lend a hand to Israel. I enjoyed meeting so many of them and
learning of their heart to serve.
After
the program an opportunity opened to come along side a small church to help in
a small community. I was asked to help
with English translation and teaching English which I thoroughly enjoyed. Joining in prayer with home visitation was a
blessing to lift prayer needs for those in need. There were also several weekly prayer
meetings and prayer with groups where we would go to various areas of Israel to pray along the
boarders for protection of the land and wisdom for Israel’s leaders.
We
also had a clothing distribution one day which was a huge success and very
welcomed from the families, many of whom mostly Jewish. It was wonderful to help. When time would allow there was the sweet
blessing to lend a hand with the soup kitchen in Tel Aviv.
As
is the case in every event where we thoroughly enjoy what we are doing, the
time just slips away. Having spent
nearly six months already in the country, I found I needed to plan leaving for
an extended period. But where to go with
such limited income? The Lord had made a
way to live humbly here, but with all the travel I did last year, I was not
very keen on doing it again this year.
It was nice to be quasi-settled and developing friendship ~ faces that
would become familiar faces and elicit a smile when we would meet.
And
there were so many threats, so much saber rattling going on with those who hate
Israel. My heart’s desire was to be available to help
Israel in any way
possible. I did not want to leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment